Sunday, March 14, 2010

Salmon with Lemon and Dill


I am always looking for new ways to prepare fish, and I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. I modified it based on the reviews and our tastes. This was the first time that I "tented" fish and it turned out really moist, so I will definitely try this cooking method again. I also really liked this recipe because I didn't need to marinate the fish prior to cooking, which saves a lot of time.

0.75-1 lb salmon filet
2 tbsp butter
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp dried dill weed.
Kosher salt
Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a long piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray, lay down fish and put in a glass baking dish.
3. Melt butter and add lemon juice, garlic and dill.
* Hirsh bought me a garlic press for Valentine's day (my request) and I LOVE it. I felt like I could never get garlic minced well with a knife, and the press makes it fast and easy, not to mention my fingers are much less stinky!
4. Salt fish with a pinch of kosher salt and pour on sauce, making sure to turn up edges of foil to catch the sauce. Add a few grinds of pepper.

5. Tent the fish in alumnium foil, making sure to crimp the edges (tight, but not too tight).

6. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.

7. Optional: Use leftover marinade as a sauce for angel hair pasta or rice to complement the fish!

Difficulty: Easy
Debbie's Rating: 8- dill is a little too "grassy" for me. I would be interested to try it with some fresh basil instead.
Hirsh's Rating: 8.5



1 comment:

  1. We made the salmon again and used dried basil instead of dill and I liked the flavor a lot better. Much less "grassy"! I am excited to use fresh herbs during the summer!

    ReplyDelete