Wednesday, March 10, 2010
This recipe was inspired by my desire to find something to do with the other half container of ricotta that was left after making an 8x8 dish of baked ziti. I found a recipe on bettycrocker.com and modified it to our tastes. The sauce is simple, quick and delicious and is complemented by a variety of different add ins, so it is very good way to use up leftover veggies in the fridge!
7 oz fettucini rigate
3/4 C part skim ricotta
1/2 C grated parmesan
3 tbsp butter (smart balance)
Add ins like broccoli, roasted red pepper, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, chicken, etc.
1. Boil pasta according to package directions and drain. (Note, I really like fettucini rigate for this recipe because the ridges help the sauce stick better than plain fettucini)
2. Melt butter in the pot you just cooked the pasta in, add parmesan and ricotta and stir until smooth.
3. Add few shakes each of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
4. Return pasta to pot and coat with sauce.
5. Add add ins of choice and heat through. I added broccoli, roasted red pepper and breaded chicken.
6. Serve! Makes two hearty dinner portions and one lunch portion.
Debbie's Rating: 9.5
Hirsh's Rating: 9