Thursday, December 30, 2010
One of my favorite types of cookies to make during the holiday season is Snickerdoodles. These simple cinnamon sugar cookies have a funny name but are very tasty! This year, I made a batch for my graduation party and everyone seemed to like them. The recipe is from bettycrocker.com and makes either 2 dozen large cookies or 4 dozen smaller cookies.
1 1/2 C sugar
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C vegetable shortening (no trans fat!)
2 3/4 C flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 C sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Beat 1 1/2 C sugar with butter and vegetable shortening until fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time and beat to combine.
4. In a separate bowl combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
5. Add dry ingredients slowly and mix to combine.
6. Roll into 1 1/4 inch (large cookies) or 3/4 inch (small cookies) balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Press down slightly to flatten.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes until set and remove to wire rack to cool.
8. Enjoy! The also freeze well if there are any left!
Debbie's Rating: 10