Saturday, December 11, 2010

Classic Cheddar Cheese Ball


For Thanksgiving this year, I offered to bring a cheese ball for an appetizer. I had seen the recipe in my Cook's Country magazine, so I thought it would be a perfect time to try it out. While most people think of cheese balls as something that you buy at the store, it was super easy to make! Everyone enjoyed it, so I would definitely recommend making it any time you are going to have a large crowd!

Classic Cheddar Cheese Ball
2 C shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
2 tbsp mayonnaise (I used light)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 C toasted sliced almonds

1. Combine all ingredients except almonds in the food processor and process until smooth.
2. Place mixture in the center of a sheet of plastic wrap. Grab 4 corners and twist, forming cheese ball into a sphere.
3. Refrigerate until firm about 3 hours (or you can make the day before).
4. Once firm, unwrap and roll in almonds (Note, to toast almonds, toss in empty skillet over medium heat until golden and aromatic)
5. Serve with crackers!

Difficulty: Easy
Debbie's Rating: 10. I might use a little less Worcestershire sauce next time as the flavor was strong.
Goldberg Family Rating: Everybody loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment