Sunday, June 6, 2010

Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes

The last time Hirsh and I visited Chloe in New York, she made pancakes from scratch for Sunday morning brunch. For some reason I had never thought about making pancakes from scratch since the mix is so convenient. I decided to try it for her visit and found this recipe for "healthy" oatmeal pancakes. Of course, I added chocolate chips to make them extra special, but I am sure they would be good with blueberries, chopped nuts, etc. It was a fun alternative to the traditional Aunt Jemima mix and healthier too!

Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes
1/2 C flour
1/2 C quick cooking oats
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 C buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg

1. Combine all ingrediants in a food processor.
2. Preheat non-stick griddle to 375 degrees.
3. Pour batter and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips or add-in of choice.

4. Flip to cook the other side and serve!

Difficulty: Medium
Debbie's Rating: 9....I would add a little more sugar next time.
Chloe's Rating: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment